Saturday, September 10, 2005

For the victims in N'Awlins from Chocolate City

Big Props to Yamama'nym (Your Mama and Them to the uninitiated) and friends for a dope fundraiser last night at Cada Vez. Normally I don't drop a dime on unheard artists (I just don't have the money for it), but since my ten bucks were going to hurricane relief...cool beans.

I shouldn't have worried though. DC's finest local talent came out last night: Wayna (Good Lord! That woman right there had us shaking, head-nodding, praying!), W. Ellington Felton schooled us on why relationships fail, and K. Allan can easily lead Raheim to his seat. Yamama'Nym tore up "My Life" that would make Mary cry. By the end of the night, we were holding church, thanking God for what we have--love, safety, talent, friends--and praying for our brothers and sisters who lost everything. That's what's up, Chocolate City.

(You gotta see Wayna, I mean NOW.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home